Data Expenditure Appraisal: Towards the Utilization of Data for I.T Skill Acquisition
MLA Style:Adannaya Simeon Ivo, Ukegbu Chibuzor Chimezie, Adene Gift, Uwazuruike Faustina O "Data Expenditure Appraisal: Towards the Utilization of Data for I.T Skill Acquisition," International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology 67.11 (2019):1-3.
APA Style Adannaya Simeon Ivo, Ukegbu Chibuzor Chimezie, Adene Gift, Uwazuruike Faustina O. Data Expenditure Appraisal: Towards the Utilization of Data for I.T Skill Acquisition International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology, 67(11),1-3.
The study focused on data expenditure appraisal towards the utilization of data for IT skill acquisition. This paper is aimed at doing an appraisal on how students’ data are spent and on what they spend them on in the context of skill acquisition. Oral interview using structured question was used for data collection. Findings revealed that up to 90% of students population interviewed spends more than 4 hours of their time on social media and other non-profiting activities on the internet, the remaining 10% spend their time acquiring skill online. This paper, has recommended, therefore, that students should maximize the benefits of the internet for skill acquisition in areas that will make them relevant in the society after graduation without depending wholly on what their lecturers thought them in classes.
 Engeldinger, E.A. (1998). Technology Infrastructure and Information Literacy. Library Philosophy and Practice, 1:1.
 TaylornS.E., Sherman D.K., Kim H.S., Jarcho J., Takagi K. & Dungan M.S. (2004). Culture and social support: who seeks it and why?. J Pers Soc Psychol. 2004 Sep;87(3):354- 62.
 Attwell, J. (2005). Mobile Technologies and Learning. Learning and skills development agency.Uk.State University of New York press.
 Haywood, D. (2003). Confidence, Experience and Attitudes of Undergraduates students towards ICT.
 B-HERT (2002). Enhancing the Learning and Employability of Graduates: The role of generic skill.position paper no.9, Business Education Roundtable, HREF. Retrieved from http://www.bhert.com/publicationpolicystatements.html.
 Martins,A. (2006). Literacies for the digital age. In A Martin &D.Madign (Eds.), Digital Literacies for learning, London: facet publishing, p. 3-25.
 Ayeh, J.K. (2008). Information Technology and Global Education: the challenges of the African Virtual University Learning CentresIn Ghana. Information Development Journal. Retrieved fromhttp://idv.sagepub.com/cgi/content/abstract/24/4/266.
 Leiner, B.M. (2000). “A brief history of internet,” retrieved from http://www.isoc.org/internet/history/brief.shtml.pdf.
 Eshet-Alkalai, Y. (2004). Digital Literacy: A Conceptual Framework for Survival Skill in the digital Era. Journal of Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia, 1391, 93-106. Retrieved from http://www.openu.ac.il/personal_sites/download/Digital_Lit eracy 2004-JEMH.pdf
Internet, Skill Acquisition, Smart Phones, Information Technology (IT), Data Provider.