Unstructured Data: an overview of the data of Big Data
||International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT)||
|© 2016 by IJCTT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2016|
|Authors : Adanma Cecilia Eberendu|
|DOI : 10.14445/22312803/IJCTT-V38P109|
Adanma Cecilia Eberendu "Unstructured Data: an overview of the data of Big Data". International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT) V38(1):46-50, August 2016. ISSN:2231-2803. www.ijcttjournal.org. Published by Seventh Sense Research Group.
With the emergence of new channels and technologies such as social networking, mobile computing, and online advertising, the data generated no longer have a standard format or structure like the conventional ones and cannot be processed using relational models. They come in the form of text, XML, emails, images, weblogs, videos, and so on resulting in a surge of new data types. This formless data is either semi-structured or unstructured data and makes searching and analysis complex. This paper gave an overview of this unstructured data that makes the backbone of predictive analysis. It outlined the sources and element of unstructured data and how organization benefits from gathering, analyzing and using unstructured data. The result concluded that organizations no longer neglect unstructured data nowadays; rather they are devising means of analyzing it to extract information.
1. Chen, Y., Wang, W., Liu, Z., & Lin, X. (2009, June). Keyword search on structured and semi-structured data. In Proceedings of the 2009 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of data (pp. 1005-1010). ACM.
2. Cisco (May, 2014). The Zettabyte Era—Trends and Analysis Cisco White Paper
3. Dalvi, N., Machanavajjhala, A., & Pang, B. (2012). An analysis of structured data on the web. Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment, 5(7), 680-691.
4. Das, T., & Kumar, P. (2013). BIG Data Analytics: A Framework for Unstructured Data Analysis. International Journal of Engineering and Technology (IJET) , 5 (1).
5. De Boe, B. (2014). Use Cases for Unstructured Data - Intersystems White Paper, InterSystems Corporation.
6. Dijcks, J.-P. (2013). Oracle: Big Data for the Enterprise. An Oracle White Paper Oracle Corporation
7. Doan, A., Naughton, J., Baid, A., Chai, X., Chen, F., Chen, T., ... & Huang, J. (2009). The case for a structured approach to managing unstructured data.arXiv preprint arXiv:0909.1783.
8. Feldman, R., & Sanger, J. (2007). The text mining handbook: advanced approaches in analyzing unstructured data. Cambridge University Press
9. Feldman, S., Hanover, J., Burghard, C., & Schubmehl, D. (2012). Unlocking the Power of Unstructured Data IDC HEALTH INSIGH
10. Hänig, C., Schierle, M., & Trabold, D. (2010). Comparison of structured vs. unstructured data for industrial quality analysis. In Proceedings of The World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science.
11. Maluf, D. A., & Tran, P. B. (2008, March). Managing Unstructured Data with Structured Legacy Systems. In Aerospace Conference, 2008 IEEE (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
12. Rao, R. (2003). From unstructured data to actionable intelligence. IT professional, 5(6), 29-35.
13. Sint, R., Schaffert, S., Stroka, S., & Ferstl, R. (2009, June). Combining unstructured, fully structured and semi-structured information in semantic wikis. In Fourth Workshop on Semantic Wikis–The Semantic Wiki Web 6 th European Semantic Web Conference Hersonissos, Crete, Greece, June 2009 (p. 73).
14. Villars, R. L., Olofson, C. W., & Eastwood, M. (2011). Big data: What it is and why you should care. White Paper, IDC.
Data, Unstructured Data, Big Data, Format, Structured Data.