Probabilistic and Link Based Energy Efficient Routing in MANET
||International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT)||
|© 2016 by IJCTT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2016|
|Authors : M.Ilango, A.V.Senthil Kumar|
|DOI : 10.14445/22312803/IJCTT-V38P108|
M.Ilango, A.V.Senthil Kumar "Probabilistic and Link Based Energy Efficient Routing in MANET". International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT) V38(1):38-45, August 2016. ISSN:2231-2803. www.ijcttjournal.org. Published by Seventh Sense Research Group.
Mobile Ad hoc NETwork (MANET) plays a major role in providing effective communication services for infrastructure less application through efficient routing. For this reason, many energy efficient routing algorithms are being developed as a promising solution. However, while developing efficient routing, redundant rebroadcasting poses significant problems. Therefore, effective routing without any redundant rebroadcasting is inherently necessary whenever a user transmits the packet on the channel. In this work to attain effective routing mechanism in Mobile Ad hoc NETwork without any redundant rebroadcasting, a method called, Probabilistic and Link based Energy Efficient Routing (PLEER) is presented. The Probabilistic Rebroadcasting mechanism in PLEER method reduces high channel contention causing redundant and average energy per packet by combining both neighbor coverage and probabilistic methods. The PLEER method therefore selects the best path in a network while transmitting the packet reducing the average energy per packet and end to end delay. Link based Energy Efficient Routing provides less redundant rebroadcast by means of avoiding network collision and contention which in turn increase the packet delivery ratio and network lifetime. Simulation results demonstrate that compared to other energy efficient routing, PLEER is an efficient method for reducing the average energy per packet and end to end delay in MANET. Extensive simulations show that PLEER outperforms other existing scheme in terms of successful data delivery and improve network lifetime in various scenarios.
1. Javad Vazifehdan, R. Venkatesha Prasad, and Ignas Niemegeers, “Energy-Efficient Reliable Routing Considering Residual Energy in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Volume. 13, Issue. 2, February 2014, Pages 434-447.
2. Information Sciences Institute, “Network Simulator NS2 and Network Animator NAM,” http://www.isi.edu/nsnam
3. Ming Li, Pan Li, Xiaoxia Huang, Yuguang Fang, and Savo Glisic, ” Energy Consumption Optimization for Multihop Cognitive Cellular Networks”, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MOBILE COMPUTING, VOL. 14, NO. 2, FEBRUARY 2015
4. Panayiotis Kolios, Vasilis Friderikos, and Katerina Papadaki,” Energy-Efficient Relaying via Store-Carry and Forward within the Cell”, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MOBILE COMPUTING, VOL 13, NO 1, JANUARY 2014
5. Wei Gao, Qinghua Li, and Guohong Cao,” Forwarding Redundancy in Opportunistic Mobile Networks: Investigation, Elimination and Exploitation”, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Volume. 14, Issue: 4, Mar 2015
6. Samia Allaoua Chelloug,” Energy-Efficient Content-Based Routing in Internet of Things”, Journal of Computer and Communications, 2015, 3, 9-20, Dec 2015
7. Baisakh, Chinmayee Mishra, Abhilipsa Pradhan,” A Novel Grid Based Dynamic Energy Efficient Routing Approach for Highly Dense Mobile Ad Hoc Networks”, International Journal of Ad hoc, Sensor & Ubiquitous Computing (IJASUC) Vol.4, No.3, June 2013
8. Omar Smail1, Bernard Cousin, Zoulikha Mekkakia and Rachida Mekki,” A Multipath Energy-Conserving Routing Protocol for Lifetime Improvement of Wireless Ad Hoc Networks”, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, SpringerOpen, 2014, 2014 (139), pp. 1 – 2
9. Federico Librino, M. Elena Renda and Paolo Santi,” Multihop Beaconing Forwarding Strategies in Congested IEEE 802.11p Vehicular Networks”, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON VEHICULAR TECHNOLOGY, VOL 12, NO 5, MONTH 2015
10. Giovanni Resta, and Paolo Santi,”A Framework for Routing Performance Analysis in Delay Tolerant Networks with Application to Non Cooperative Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Volume 23, Issue: 1, Nov 2011
11. Biyu Zhou, Fa Zhang, Lin Wang, Chenying Hou, Antonio Fern´andez Anta, Senior Member, IEEE, Athanasios V. Vasilakos, Senior Member, IEEE, Youshi Wang, Jie Wu, Fellow, IEEE, and Zhiyong Liu,” HDEER: A Distributed Routing Scheme for Energy-Efficient Networking”, JOURNAL OF LATEX CLASS FILES, VOL. 14, NO. 8, AUGUST 2015
12. Zhuoming Li, Zhenyu Xu, Shengge Mao, Xing Tong, and Xuejun Sha,” Weighted Energy-Balanced Efficient Routing Algorithm for Wireless Body Area Network”, Hindawi Publishing Corporation International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks Volume 2016
13. Soon-gyo Jung, Byungseok Kang, Sanggil Yeoum, and Hyunseung Choo,” Trail-Using Ant Behavior Based Energy- Efficient Routing Protocol in Wireless Sensor Networks”, Hindawi Publishing Corporation International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks Volume 2016
14. HuahongMa, Guoqiang Zheng, HonghaiWu, Baofeng Ji, and Jishun Li,” EBRP: An Energy-Efficient and Buffer-Aware Routing Protocol for Mobile Crowdsensing Network”, Hindawi Publishing Corporation International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks Volume 2016
15. Yan Jiao and Inwhee Joem,” Markov Model-Based Energy Efficiency Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Radio Sensor Networks”, Hindawi Publishing Corporation Journal of Computer Networks and Communications Volume 2016
16. Rohit D. Gawade and S. L. Nalbalwar,” A Centralized Energy Efficient Distance Based Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks”, Hindawi Publishing Corporation Journal of Sensors Volume 2016
17. Vahid Ayatollahitafti, Md Asri Ngadi, Johan bin Mohamad Sharif, Mohammed Abdullahi3,” An Efficient Next Hop Selection Algorithm for Multi-Hop Body Area Networks”, PLOS ONE | DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0146464 January 15, 2016
18. Guoyin Zhang Xu Fan Yanxia Wu,” Minimal Increase Network Coding for Dynamic Networks”, PLOS ONE | DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0148725 February 11, 2016
19. Swati Shamkuwar, Prof. Vimal Shukla,” A Review on Energy Efficient Routing Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks”, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Volume 4, Issue 3, March 2014
20. Harshad Vazar, Vineet Richarya, Alekh Dwivedi,” Energy Efficient Routing with MAX-Min Energy Scheme in Ad-hoc On-Demand Multipath Distance Vector routing for MANET”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 98– No.19, July 2014
Mobile Ad hoc Network, Routing, Probabilistic Re-broadcasting, Routing overhead, Packet delivery ratio.