E-Government - an Information Security Perspective
||International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT)||
|© 2016 by IJCTT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2016|
|Authors : Rasha G. Hassan, Othman O. Khalifa|
|DOI : 10.14445/22312803/IJCTT-V36P101|
Rasha G. Hassan, Othman O. Khalifa "E-Government - an Information Security Perspective". International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT) V36(1):1-9, June 2016. ISSN:2231-2803. www.ijcttjournal.org. Published by Seventh Sense Research Group.
The growth and rapid adoption of the Internet has greatly changed how all organizations deal with their respective stakeholders. As the move from administrative operations to service operations accelerates, e- government Network Platform is a solution to transform the way they do business and services. As well know, the E-government is a website that provides reliable content based on a strong infrastructure of a digital network, application servers and internet, an extensive database and other supporting services. It requires more advanced and secure e-Government networks to protect data from growing security threats and risks. Threats include unauthorized access to resources, malicious damage, and data intercepts. Security risks include virus, cyber-attacks, and key information leakages. Experts agree that the majority of government information leaks occur on networks, making information leakage control critical in government network design.
1) Alexander NTOKO, (2003) Building Trust and Confidence for Critical E-government Services, ITU Telecommunication Development Bureau (BDT).
2) Alharbi, (2013) E-government security modeling: explain main factors and analyzing existing models, International Journal of Social, Human Science and Engineering Vol:7 No:9.
3) Ali M. Al-Khouri1, (2013) Technological and Mobility Trends in E-Government, Business and Management Research, Vol. 2, No. 3.
4) Amina Gamlo and Omaima Bamasak, (2009) Towards Securing E-Transactions in E-Government Systems of Saudi Arabia, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.
5) Bernd Zwattendorfer, Klaus Stranacher, Arne Tauber, Peter Reichstädter, (2013) Cloud Computing in E-Government across Europe, Technology-Enabled Innovation for Democracy, Government and Governance, Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 8061, pp. 181-195
6) Charalampos Tsaravas, Marinos Themistocleous, (2011) cloud computing and egovernment a literature review, European, Mediterranean & Middle Eastern Conference on Information Systems.
7) Danish Dada, (2006) the failure in e-government in developing countries a literature review, EJISDC 26, 7, 1-10.
8) Dilip Kumar Sharma, Vinay Kumar Pathak and G.P. Sahu, Digital Watermarking for Secure E-Government Framework, Computer society of India.
9) Dimitrios Zissis, Dimitrios Lekkas, (2011) Securing e- Government and e-Voting with an open cloud computing architecture, Government Information Quarterly 28 239–251.
10) Dominique Cansell, J Paul Gibson, Dominique Mery, (2007) Refinement: A Constructive Approach to Formal Software Design for a secure e-voting Interface, Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science 183 39–55
11) Geoffrey Karokola, Stewart Kowalski and Louise Yngström , (2011) Towards An Information Security Maturity Model for Secure e-Government Services: A Stakeholders View.
12) Geoffrey Karokola, Stewart Kowalski and Louise Yngström, Secure e-Government Services: Towards A Framework for Integrating IT Security Services into e-Government Maturity Models.
13) Geoffrey Rwezaura Karokola, ( 2012) A Framework for Securing e-Government Services, PhD Thesis , Stockholm University,Sweden
14) Henriksson, A. Yi, Y. Frost, B. and Middleton, M. (2006) Evaluation instrument for e-government websites, Proceedings Internet Research 7.0: Internet Convergences, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
15) Ibrahim Kushchu, (2004) From E-government to Mgovernment: Facing the Inevitable, Mobile Government Lab (mGovLab), International University of Japan Yamatomachi, Minami Uonuma-gun, Niigata 949-7277 JAPAN.
16) Irfan Syamsuddin, Junseok Hwang, (2010) A New Fuzzy MCDM Framework to Evaluate E-Government Security Strategy, 978-1-4244-6904-8/10/$26.00 IEEE
17) J. Jang-Jaccard, S.Nepal, (2014) A survey of emerging threats in cyber security”, Journal of Computer and System Sciences 80 973–993.
18) Luca Calderoni, Dario Maio, (2014) Cloning and tampering threats in e-Passports, Expert Systems with Applications 41 5066–5070.
19) Malik F. Saleh, (2011)Information Security Maturity Model , International Journal of Computer Science and Security (IJCSS), Volume (5) : Issue (3)
20) Mohammad Hazza Zu’bi, Hamdan Hasan AL-Onizat, (2012) E-government and security requirements for information systems and privacy (performance linkage), Journal of management research, Vol 4, No.4.
21) Piyush Morwal, Parvinder Singh, Rajkumar Tripathi, (2012) Security in e-Governance using Biometric, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 50 – No.3, July
22) Rabah Alshboul, (2012) Security and Vulnerability in the EGovernment Society, Contemporary Engineering Sciences, Vol. 5, no. 5, 215 – 226.
23) Sabri Al-Azazi, (2008) A multi-layer model for egovernment information security assessment, Cranfield University, PhD thesis.
24) Shadi Al-khamayseh, Elaine Lawrence and Agnieszka Zmijewska , (2007) Towards Understanding Success Factors in Interactive Mobile Government, University of Technology, Sydney PO Box 123, Broadway NSW Australia
25) Shailendra Singh, (2011) E-Governance Information Security Issues, International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology (ICCSIT`2011) Pattaya Dec.
26) Smitha K K , Chitharanjan K , (2012) Security of Data in Cloud based E-Governance System, International Journal of Computer Applications, (0975 – 8887)
27) Sofia Elena Colesca , (2009) Understanding Trust in e- Government, ISSN 1392 – 2785 Inzinerine Ekonomika- Engineering Economics(3).
28) Thamer Alhussain, Steve Drew, Towards Secure MGovernment Applications, Griffith University Gold Coast, Australi
29) United Nations, (2012) E-government survey 2012, Egovernment for the people, economic and social affairs department , ST/ESA/PAS/SER.E/150
30) Valentina (Dardha) Ndou, (2004) E-government for developing countries opportunities and challenges, EJISDC , 18, 1, 1-24
31) Zhou Feng, (2012) The research and implementation of a unified identity authentication in e-government network, physics procedia 242032 – 2038.
E-government, Security, technical models, non-technical models, Trust.