Data Mining Evolutionary Learning (DMEL) using H base
||International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT)||
|© 2016 by IJCTT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2016|
|Authors : Miss. Mansi Shah, Ms. Seema Kolkur|
|DOI : 10.14445/22312803/IJCTT-V33P113|
Miss. Mansi Shah, Ms. Seema Kolkur "Data Mining Evolutionary Learning (DMEL) using H base". International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT) V33(2):60-64, March 2016. ISSN:2231-2803. www.ijcttjournal.org. Published by Seventh Sense Research Group.
In current market scenarios, telecom companies are quite competitive and look forward to have lion’s share in the market by winning new and withholding existing customers. Customers who are lost to competitor are known as Churned customers and can be retain by adopting Churn prevention model. For a given dataset, this model predicts the list of customers to be churned in future enabling the respective authorities to take action accordingly. However in telecom, the results of algorithms suffer due to disproportion nature and vast size of datasets. In this paper, Genetic Programming (GP) based approach for modelling the challenging problem of churn prediction is incorporated in HBASE. A data mining algorithm, Data Mining Evolutionary Learnings (DMEL), handles a classification problem which helps to meet accuracy of prediction. As data in telecom industry is going to increase so to make the classification process fast DMEL algorithm is incorporated in HBase. For competitive telecom industry, churn prediction approach would be significantly beneficial.
1) W.H. Au, K.C.C. Chan, X. Yao. A novel evolutionary data mining algorithm with applications to churn prediction. IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation 7:6 (2003) 532-545
2) http://a4academics.com/final-year-be-project/11-be-it-csecomputer- science-project/560-data-mining-by-evolutionarylearning- dmel-using-hbase.
4) Jonathan L Lustgarten, Shyam Visweswaran, Vanathi Gopal akrishnan and Gregory F Cooper: Application of an efficient Bayesian discretization method to biomedical data: BMC Bioinformatics2011
5) Adnan Idris1, Asifullah Khan, Yeon Soo Lee: Genetic Programming and Adaboosting based churn prediction for Telecom: 2012 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics October 14-17, 2012, COEX, Seoul, Korea
7) http://java.dzone.com/articles/handling-big-data-hbase-part- 3
8) http://java.dzone.com/articles/handling-big-data-hbase-part- 4
9) http://www.cs.cmu.edu/Groups/AI/html/faqs/ai/genetic/part 2/faq-doc-1.html
10) Tom Springer, Charles Kim, Frederic Debruyne, Domenico Azzarello and Jeff Melton: Breaking the back of customer churn, pp 1
11) http://posachaidonut.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/dm_proce ss.gif
telecom industry, churn prediction, genetic algorithms, DMEL, HBase.