Automation of Ash Handling System with Event Logger
||International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT)||
|© 2014 by IJCTT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2014|
|Authors : Prof. A.S.Wadhawe, Rahul P. Kurtadikar|
|DOI : 10.14445/22312803/IJCTT-V18P150|
Prof. A.S.Wadhawe , Rahul P. Kurtadikar "Automation of Ash Handling System with Event Logger". International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT) V18(5):231-237, Dec 2014. ISSN:2231-2803. www.ijcttjournal.org. Published by Seventh Sense Research Group.
Parli thermal power plant one of the old power plants in Maharashtra. This plant are under control of MAHAGENCO (MSEB).Parli unit no.3 commissioned in 1984-85.such old power plant require renovation in order to increase efficiency and output. Main plant renovation is done in 2004 by using HF CONROL DCS but most of the subsystem was not renovated. Such as coal handling plant, ash handling plant, water treatment plant etc. it is necessary that for ash handling plant to be renovate, same done by me by using Programmable Logic Controller Allen Bradley micrologix 1500. Embedded I/O and expansion I/O are used.1769 IQ 32 module used as digital input channels.1769 IQ 32 module having 32 digital input. Another module is OW16, it is digital output module. Having 16 output channels and End cap or terminator is required at the end of last module.
1. Knight. U. “The Power System and its Operational and Control
Infrastructure in emergencies” from contingency planning to crisis management.
2. W. Bolten. “Programmable Logic Controller”.
3. Tony. “Advanced PLC Programming”.
4. Rockwell Automation. “Micrologix 1500 user manual”.
5. Joanna Marie M. Baroro. “Automation of Packaging and Material Handling Using Programmable Logic Controller” International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology (ISSN: 2277 – 1581) Volume No. 3, Issue No. 6, pp: 767 – 770.
6. Ezell, Barry, “Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems for Water Supply and Its Vulnerability to Cyber Risks” available on the internet at: http://watt.seas.virginia.edu/~bce4k/home.html.
7. Speck, “Reusable industrial control systems,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron, vol. 50, pp. 412–418, June 2003.
PLC- Programmable logic controller, I/O-Input/output, HP-High pressure