Elephant Localization Estimation within Acoustic Sensor Network Based On Real Time Data
||International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT)||
|© 2014 by IJCTT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2014|
|Authors : M Mayilvaganan, Devaki M|
|DOI : 10.14445/22312803/IJCTT-V17P140|
M Mayilvaganan, Devaki M "Elephant Localization Estimation within Acoustic Sensor Network Based On Real Time Data". International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT) V17(4):210-213, Nov 2014. ISSN:2231-2803. www.ijcttjournal.org. Published by Seventh Sense Research Group.
The Acoustic Sensor Network has became the major impact in the field of wild life ecology and sensor network technology, according to the Naturalists. Under the ring topology, each sensor node can transmit and receive the information within circularly covered area of 3 kms in thick forests, situated in and around coimbatore. The primary goal of our proposed methodology is to determine the direction and location of the elephant within the vicinity of any village using hyperbolic circular array algorithm and results are implemented using MAT LAB Wave too1 8.1. The secondary goal is to identify the different external factors that affect the sensor network coverage area and also to estimate the error analysis report and error rectification methods. The simulation results shows that, there seems to be an error occured in some of the specific cases and which is to be rectified using the Nearest Neighbouring algorithm for identifying the location of the elephant with respect to minimum distance between source and sensor.The necessity of doing this research is to avoid the collision between human beings and elephants and also to protect both communities.
1. Jiann-Liang Chen , Yu-Ming Hsu and I-Cheng Chang, Adaptive Routing Protocol for Reliable Sensor Network Applications, International Journal on smart sensing and Intelligent Systems, Vol 2, No. 4, December 2009.
2. SAMSON AG , Technical Information, Communication Networks, Part 1 ? L155 EN, Internet: http://www.samson.de.
3. Poorya Ghafoorpoor Yazdi ,Mohammad Zerrat Talab, Masoud Toughian, Maziar Movahedi, Localization in Wireless Sensor Networks, Power Point, pages 1-17.
4. P.Sarat Chandra, R.Vamshi Krishna, Vaibhav Gupta, Real Time Communication In Sensor Networks, Qos Seminar Report, Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai.
5. Tanuja S. Dhope(Shendkar), Application of MUSIC, ESPRIT and ROOT MUSIC in DOA Estimation, pages 1-3. © 2004 by CRC Press LLC
6. Nicholas Roseveare, THESIS, WIDEBAND DIRECTION-OFARRIVAL ESTIMATION METHODS FOR UNATTENDED ACOUSTIC SENSORS, Colorado State University, Fall 2007.
7. P. Bergamo and G. Mazzini, “Localization in sensor networks with fading and mobility,” in The 13th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, vol. 2, 2002, pp. 750–754.
8. Amitangshu Pal, Localization Algorithms in Wireless Sensor Networks: Current Approaches and Future Challenges, Network Protocols and Algorithms, ISSN 1943-3581, 2010, Vol. 2, No. 1
9. Dr. Farid Farahmand , Introduction to Communication Systems and Networks, Powerpoint , Updated 8/31/2010.
10. PIERGIUSEPPE DI MARCO, Protocol Design and Implementation for Wireless Sensor Networks, Masters’ Degree Project, Stockholm, Sweden April 2008, XR-EE-RT 2008:005
11. .H. B. Lee, Accuracy Limitations of Hyperbolic Multilateration Systems," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems , Vol. AES-11, No.1, pp. 16-29, January 1975
12. Y. T. Chan and K.C. Ho, A Simple and Efficient Estimator for HyperbolicLocation,"IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing , Vol. 42, No. 8, pp. 1905-1915, August 1994.
13. B. T. Fang, Simple Solutions for Hyperbolic and Related Position Fixes," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems , Vol. 26, No. 5, pp 748- 753, September 1990
14. W. R. Langbauer, K. B. Payne, R. A. Charif, L. Rapaport, F. Osborn, “African elephants respond to distant playbacks of low-frequency conspecific calls”, J. Exp. Biol. 157: 35-46, 1991.
sensor network, ring topology,hyperbolic circular array, nodes.