Heterogeneous Multi Core Processors for Improving the Efficiency of Market Basket Analysis Algorithm in Data Mining
||International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT)||
|© 2014 by IJCTT Journal|
|Year of Publication : 2014|
|Authors : Aashiha Priyadarshni.L|
|DOI : 10.14445/22312803/IJCTT-V15P103|
Aashiha Priyadarshni.L."Heterogeneous Multi Core Processors for Improving the Efficiency of Market Basket Analysis Algorithm in Data Mining". International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT) V15(1):16-19, Sep 2014. ISSN:2231-2803. www.ijcttjournal.org. Published by Seventh Sense Research Group.
Heterogeneous multi core processors can offer diverse computing capabilities. The efficiency of Market Basket Analysis Algorithm can be improved with heterogeneous multi core processors. Market basket analysis algorithm utilises apriori algorithm and is one of the popular data mining algorithms which can utilise Map/Reduce framework to perform analysis. The algorithm generates association rules based on transactional data and Map/Reduce motivates to redesign and convert the existing sequential algorithms for efficiency. Hadoop is the parallel programming platform built on Hadoop Distributed File Systems(HDFS) for Map/Reduce computation that process data as (key, value) pairs. In Hadoop map/reduce, the sequential jobs are parallelised and the Job Tracker assigns parallel tasks to the Task Tracker. Based on single threaded or multithreaded parallel tasks in the task tracker, execution is carried out in the appropriate cores. For this, a new scheduler called MB Scheduler can be developed. Switching between the cores can be made static or dynamic. The use of heterogeneous multi core processors optimizes processing capabilities and power requirements for a processor and improves the performance of the system.
1. Hyman Jr, Ransford. "Performance Issues on Multi-Core Processors."
2. Chen, Yen-Liang, et al. "Market basket analysis in a multiple store environment." Decision support systems 40.2 (2005): 339-354.
3. Woo, Jongwook, et al. "Market Basket Analysis Algorithm with NoSQL DB HBase and Hadoop." The Third International Conference on Emerging Databases (EDB 2011), Songdo Park Hotel, Incheon, Korea. 2011.
4. Abouzeid, Azza, et al. "HadoopDB: an architectural hybrid of MapReduce and DBMS technologies for analytical workloads." Proceedings of the VLDB Endowment 2.1 (2009): 922-933.
5. Zhao, Shulei, and Rongxin Du. "Distributed Apriori in Hadoop MapReduce Framework." (2013).
6. Kumar, Rakesh, et al. "Single-ISA heterogeneous multi-core architectures: The potential for processor power reduction." Microarchitecture, 2003. MICRO-36. Proceedings. 36th Annual IEEE/ACM International Symposium on. IEEE, 2003.
7. Yan, Feng, et al. "Heterogeneous Cores For MapReduce Processing: Opportunity or Challenge?." Proc. of IEEE/IFIP NOMS. 2014.
8. Woo, Jongwook, and Yuhang Xu. "Market basket analysis algorithm with Map/Reduce of cloud computing." The 2011 International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications (PDPTA 2011), Las Vegas. 2011.
Heterogeneous Multi core, Market Basket analysis, Map Reduce, Hadoop, HDFS, Schedule, MB Scheduler.