Information Security and Risk Management for Banking System
Dr.Kodukula Subrahmanyam , M.Haritha , V.Tejaswini , Ch.Balaram , C.Dheeraj."Information Security and Risk Management for Banking System". International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology (IJCTT) V10(3):171-176, Apr 2014. ISSN:2231-2803. www.ijcttjournal.org. Published by Seventh Sense Research Group.
Risk management provides an effective approach for measuring the security, but existing risk management approaches come with major shortcomings such as the demand for a very detailed knowledge about the IT security sphere and the authentic company environment. Project risks are not always self-regulating, yet current risk management practices do not visibly manage the dependencies among risks. If dependencies can be clearly identified and analyzed, we can able to develop enhanced risk management strategies and make more effectual risk scheduling decisions. This paper proposes a management line of attack to address risk dependency issues. Through the study, we corroborate that risk dependencies do subsist in projects and can be identified and thoroughly managed. Risk and security management are very important issues in banking systems. Banking systems are complex with many entities, hazards and uncertainties. In such an atmosphere, it is very hard to initiate a system for evaluating and simulating the major hazards.
1. Alberts C and Dorofee, A. (2002) Managing information security risks: the OCTAVE approach. Reading, MA: Addison Wesley.
2. B. Kosko, Fuzzy Engineering, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, N.J., 1997, p. 549.
3. Gordon, L. A. and M. P. Loeb. 2001. A Framework for Using Information Security as a Response to Competitor Analysis Systems. Communications of the ACM 44, No, 9 (September): 70-75.
4. Peltier, T. (2005). Information Security Risk Analysis, 2nd ed. New York, NY: Auerbach Publications.
5. http://www.slideshare.net/m9821735 856/information-security-and-risk-management-for-banks
6. http://globaljournals.org/GJCST_Vol ume10/7-Information-Security-Risk-Assessment-for-Banking-Sector-A-Case-study-of-Pakistani-Banks.pdf
Fuzzy logic, Information Security, Risk Management, Threat, Vulnerability.